Sunday, December 4, 2011

Topic: What Is Self Evident?

Phil: Thanks for being here, Ed.  Why don't you get us started.


Edward R Murrow: "The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer."

Phil:  So, what is the likelihood, if eternity is the only possibility, that there is only one odd, statistically speaking?"

Steve Allen:  I used to be a heavy gambler. But now I just make mental bets. That's how I lost my mind."

Phil:  "Existence rules out the possibility of Non-existence. Non-existence already ruled itself out."
A. True or False
B. True

Will Rogers:  Don't gamble; take all your savings and buy some good stock and hold it till it goes up, then sell it. If it don't go up, don't buy it."

Phil:  "Well, if I were to give you a clean sheet of paper and a pencil and asked you to represent "All Things" and "Nothing," what would you do?"
A.  Nothing
B.  Something Else. Anything. Please.
B.  What's the alternative?

Robert Prechter:  “There's nothing wrong with cash. It gives you time to think.”

Phil:  "Alright, the first rule of Real Estate:  Location, location, location!    So, The Big Bang!  Did you get the spacetime?  Well let's not forget the rest of the 5 W's.

Albert Einstein “The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”

Phil:  "Ah huh. Once I tried to count to infinity.  Then I realized that by the time I got half way I'd still have another infinity to go.  So I stopped.  I figured I didn't have enough time for this.  And there was probably something else I should be doing.  Talk about spinning your wheels and getting nowhere fast!   Boy, was I glad I stopped.   Then I heard about Einstein's rocket thought experiment.  Maybe with the right technology, though, it might be possible after all.  I was further encouraged by the knowledge that infinity to the infinite power is still only infinity."

Galileo:  “I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.”

Phil:  "Then I became a playboy."

Church Lady:  "Well isn't that special!"

Phil:  And by the time I was 37, I actually had my own subscription.

George Washington Carver:  "Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom." 

Phil:  "Google is to the world wide web as the Collective Consciousness of Life on Earth is to_______?"
A. Sex
B. The Universe
C. The Multiverse
D. God
E. Adam's apple

No comments:

Post a Comment