Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What Is Self Evident?


Arthur C Clarke:  "Perhaps, as some wit remarked, the best proof that there is Intelligent Life in Outer Space is the fact it hasn't come here. Well, it can't hide forever - one day we will overhear it."

Phil:  "Honesty?  Tell me a secret you don't want me to know.  That's honesty!"

George Bernard Shaw:  "Ptolemy created a universe that lasted a thousand years. Copernicus created a universe that lasted four hundred years. Einstein has created a universe and I can't tell you how long it will last."

Phil:  "Free enterprise is genetically the closest to our hunter-gatherer roots than any other social experiment in cooperative human living. Build a better arrowhead, the world will beat a path to your cave.  It will get a little more complicated once civilization of our species begins.

Sigmund Freud:  "Zivilisation ist Verdrängung.  Gott verdammt es!"

Phil:  "Alright, alright!  Calm down!  Sex is important, Einstein, but you should have gone camping....alone....for several months.... without any groceries.... and cigars....to give it some perspective."

Ben Franklin:  "Hunger is the best pickle."

Charles Darwin:  At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilized races of man will almost certainly exterminate, and replace the savage races throughout the world.

Phil:  Is the Cradle of Civilization civilized yet?



Phil:  "Double speak is to 1984 as polyverse is to______________?"
A.  The Voyage of the Beagle
B.  Mein Kampf
C.  The Trail of Tears
D.  Close Encounters of the Third Kind
E.  The Koran

Sgt. Pepper:  "Lucy in the skies with diamonds"

Jerry Falwell:  “Billy Graham is the chief servant of Satan in America.”

Sammy Sosa:  "Baseball has been good to me."

Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776:  "When in the course of human events....."

Sigmund Freud: The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is "What does a woman want?"

Phil:  "A great orgasm, Einstein.  The purpose of the libido is the propagation of the species.  And by the current numbers on world population, that repression thing of yours has yet to commence."

Joe Montana:  "There's no thrill like throwing a touchdown pass."

The Idaho Couch Potato:  "This Spud's for you."

Bud Abbott:  "I don't know."

Phil:  "I've been to Helena and back!  You should see my car!"

Charles Foster Kane: "Yes. Dear Wheeler: you provide the prose poems. I'll provide the war."

Carrie Prejean:  "It's so embarrassing."

Alfred Hitchcock:  "Good Evening."

Maria:  "Fly me to The Moon."

Marilyn Monroe:  "Happy Birthday Mr. President."

Mick Jagger:  "I can't get no satisfaction."

Phil:  "I am not now, nor have I ever been a member of The Free Wankers Society.  The Free Wankers Society, bah!   What Free Wankers Society?  There is no Free Wankers Society."

Woody Allen:  "Don't knock it.  Its making love to somebody you really care about."

Dr Ruth:  "Remember to wear a condom."

Popeye:  "Shiver me timbers, Olive."

Phil:  "Maria?  Well....she's good, but she's no Maria. U? :)"

NASA's mission statement:  "Panspermia." 

Mick Jagger:  "You're So Vain."

Phil:  "Is that a Freudian slip or Victoria's Secret?"

Sigmund Freud:  "Man, ist wenn verliebt, sehr verrückt."

Leonard Bernstein:  "I feel pretty....."

Professor Henry Higgins:  "By George, I think she's got it!"

Clarke Gable:  "Frankly my dear I don't give a damn."

Bud Abbott:  "Oh, that's our short stop."

Phil:  "But love is real, symbolically speaking, Ann."

Rumi:  "There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth."

Brooke Medicine Eagle:  "Spirit of the Wind carry me.  Spirit of the Sky spread my wings and fly."

Emilia: "'Tis neither here nor there."

Marcellus:  "'Tis gone!"

Joe Namath:  "Hut one. Hut two. I want to kiss you."

Jim Morrison:  "Come on Baby light my fire!"

Pepe LePew:  "Je t'adore, mon cheri."

Jose Feliciano:  "Girl we couldn't get much higher."

Elton John:  "Like a Candle in the Wind"

Peter:  "Puff the magic dragon..."

Rif:  "When you're a jet..."

Friedrich Nietzsche:  "Also sprach Zarathustra"

"Erin Pavlina:  "In summary, if you want to learn to astral project there’s no reason why you can’t.  But it will take a commitment and some high awareness."

Mitch Miller and the Gang:  "By the light of the Silvery Moon"

Dennis Connors:  “Design has taken the place of what sailing used to be.”

Phil:  "Ready about!  Hard alee!  Nice smile!"

Adam:  "Do you know the difference between a jib and a gybe?"

John Cameron Swayze:  "It takes a licking, and keeps on ticking!"

Bob Dylan:  "The answer my friend is blowin' in the wind."

Bob Denver: "Far out"

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi: "Yogic Flying"

Clarence Darrow: "Some of you say religion makes people happy. So does laughing gas."

Robin:  "Holy Smokes, Batman!"

Hopalong Cassidy:  "Some women folk have a way of changing a man's mind without him even knowin' it. Funny..."

King Kong:  "I have these feelings for you Ann, but I guess I'm having a hard time expressing them.  Please forgive me, I'm just a big ole dopey gorilla.  I've thought about therapy, William Jennings Bryan, Exxon, quantitative analysis.... I just don't know if it could ever work out between us."

Martin (The Geico Gecko):  "Oh dear!"

Beach Boys:  "Hoist up your sails John B."










No comments:

Post a Comment